Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mike Wallace: Priority Number 1

The rumor mill in the NFL has been spinning like crazy the past few weeks. Will Steeler Nation be able to hold on to their beloved receiver Mike Wallace or will he be traded for a first round draft pick? I myself am a big fan of Mike Wallace and love the black and gold. The team has announced that Wallace is a top priority, but that does little to supress the media frenzy. Wallace has stated that Pittsburgh is where he wants to stay, but that this is a business and he may have to go to another team. The Patriots and the 49ers have both expressed interest in Wallace, but I do not see him leaving the Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger recently reconstructed his contract to save the team $8 million, and I believe other players will do the same. I think it would be a mistake to let a player like Wallace leave, but I would still support him wherever he plays. Unless he would go to the Ravens, in which case, as a Steelers fan, I'm obligated to dislike him at least a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. If they lose Mike Wallace I feel like this will be a completely different team, especially that they released Hines Ward. And I am a Ravens fan haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a terrible move to let Wallace go. He's so young and he's only going to get better. He should be our top priority this off season

    ReplyDelete