Tuesday, February 14, 2012

UCA Staff Tryouts

This weekend I will be traveling to Central Dauphin High School to try out for UCA Northeast Staff. UCA, Universal Cheerleading Association, is responsible for instructing cheerleaders all over the country. The company teaches cheers, motions, and stunting at camps, hosts competitions, and helps to raise money for organizations like St. Judes. Last year was my first year with the company and it is hands down the best job I have ever had. I get to do what I love and watch athletes improve their skills, all while getting paid. For tryouts, we have to go through an interview process, learn a cheer and dance, stunt, and tumble. This year it will be more fun to go to tryouts because I know more people there and will get to have fun stunting around with cheerleaders on other teams. I can't wait to be reunited with my staff family and go teach camps this summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend at your tryout. As an athlete I can relate to working with a sport or group I love because over the summer I work with kids at a lacrosse camp for my high school and it is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, Good luck with your tryouts! I bet you will do great! It must be awesome working with cheerleaders and getting paid for doing the sport you love. I am hoping to coach tennis one day and I bet the rewards are great. Watching people improve at something and knowing that you are the reason why is such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete